The weather was this time in synch with the weather forecast; it did even better than the forecast. Sunny periods came through the cloud cover and the combined wave and swell heights went two feet below what was predicted. As a result the ship hardly moved and I could keep up the speed to go into the plus. I want to be a little in the plus, as tomorrow a wave field is coming down from the north west, courtesy of the bad weather north of Hawaii. If I have enough plus on my side then I can slow down and ride the waves a bit more gently. Easier for the people on board, who at some time will have to start packing, and also as we have the final Officers Ball coming up, it helps when the dance floor stays where it is. So I am keeping up the speed until we see the larger waves coming. Continue reading

